Friday, June 10, 2011

Writing A Book

I've finally decided to write a book and stumbled upon a subject.  I'm going to write about my childhood as an only child, and add in one of the fantasies I used to play out to keep myself entertained:  I'm lonely, I have no brothers or sisters, no friends, and I discover my dog can talk.  She becomes my best friend, and we do all sorts of things together.  You get the idea.

My question at this stage is:  which dog do I use?  Sami, who I grew up with?  Kibeth, who is my first greyhound and dog whom I am solely responsible for?  JoJo, my heartdog?  Or Dolce, the dog with the most stories between them all, the youngest, and I've only had him for 3 months?  Or should I use a dog I've never met, one from my imagination?

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I'm an only child too and that was one of my dreams too. :-) Besides having a brother or sister. I be it would make a great book. I could see it as a kids book too.

    ReplyDelete