Tuesday, June 12, 2012

JoJo's ear cleaning day was massively successful!

So, about once a month, I clean JoJo's ears.  Her ears have always been HORRIBLE.  Filled with dried up, black gunk.  Finally, today, we got to have a cooperative session involving the sacrifice of many Q-tips and cotton balls.  I poured the ear solution into her ear while she was lying in the sun.  She let that soak in without fuss.  I then used Q-tips to carefully swirl the gunk up and out of her ear.  Not realizing how wonderful she'd be today, I didn't bother to get a before photo.  So I found this one online:
It was kinda like that, only greyhound-y.

So, here's the gunk that was removed out of both ears...

And here's the after photos!
right ear
left ear

Whew!  I'm so glad that's over.  She was such a trooper.  I think she knew she had to hold still for this to work, and she just cooperated!  It was wonderful to finally get all that gunk out for good.

3 comments:

  1. My dog has the same thing going on, only its in his right ear and its super bad! He itches it all the time its starting to loose hair, ect. I clean it when I think he'll allow it.(-_-) Do you have any idea what this is caused from? Or what its called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog has the same thing going on, only its in his right ear and its super bad! He itches it all the time its starting to loose hair, ect. I clean it when I think he'll allow it.(-_-) Do you have any idea what this is caused from? Or what its called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo's was harmless ear wax buildup, but your dog's sounds like an ear infection. JoJo almost never let on that she had an issue in her ears, and it didn't smell. I'd get your dog to the vet to get some meds.

      Delete